Selected Journal Articles on HIV/AIDS
Prevention and Transmission
- No new HIV infections with increasing use of HIV preexposure prophylaxis in a clinical practice setting.
Volk JE, Marcus JL, Phengrasamy T, et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Mar 1;60(5):804-10. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Nov 15;61(10):1601-3.
- Dose response for starting and stopping HIV preexposure prophylaxis for men who have sex with men.
Seifert SM, Glidden DV, Meditz AL, et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Mar 1;60(5):804-10. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Mar 1;60(5):804-10.
- Drug resistance and plasma viral RNA level after ineffective use of oral pre-exposure prophylaxis in women.
Grant RM, Liegler T, Defechereux P, et al. AIDS. 2014 Dec 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- HIV-1 drug resistance in the iPrEx preexposure prophylaxis trial.
Liegler T, Abdel-Mohsen M, Bentley LG, et al; iPrEx Study Team. J Infect Dis. 2014 Oct 15;210(8):1217-27.
- Recommendations for HIV Prevention with Adults and Adolescents with HIV in the United States, 2014
Project Workgroup for the 2014 Recommendations for HIV Prevention with Adults and Adolescents with HIV in the United States; December 11, 2014.
- Preexposure Prophylaxis for the Prevention of HIV Infection in the United States-2014: A Clinical Practice Guideline
U.S. Public Health Service, May 14, 2014.
- Prevention of HIV-1 infection with early antiretroviral therapy.
Cohen MS, Chen YQ, McCauley M, et al; HPTN 052 Study Team. N Engl J Med. 2011 Aug 11;365(6):493-505.
- Rates and Predictors of Newly Diagnosed HIV Infection Among Veterans Receiving Routine Once-Per-Lifetime HIV Testing in the Veterans Health Administration.
Goetz MB, Hoang T, Kan VL, et al. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015 Aug 15;69(5):544-50.
- Laboratory Testing for the Diagnosis of HIV Infection: Updated Recommendations.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Association of Public Health Laboratories. Published June 27, 2014.
- Rapid Oral Fluid Testing for HIV in Veterans With Mental Health Diagnoses and Residing in Community-Assisted Living Facilities.
Jackson-Malik, P, McLaughlin, MJ, O'Hara, KT, Buxbaum, LU. J of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care. 2011 March-April;22(2):81-89.
- Need to improve routine HIV testing of U.S. Veterans in care: results of an Internet survey.
Valdiserri RO, Nazi K, McInnes DK, et al. J Community Health. 2010 Jun;35(3):215-9.
- A provider participatory implementation model for HIV testing in an ED.
Chen JC, Goetz MB, Feld JE, et al. Am J Emerg Med. 2010 Apr 1.
- A budget impact analysis of rapid human immunodeficiency virus screening in Veterans Administration emergency departments.
Gidwani R, Goetz MB, Kominski G, et al. J Emerg Med. 2011 Jan 27.
- Initiation of Antiretroviral Therapy in Early Asymptomatic HIV Infection.
INSIGHT START Study Group, Lundgren JD, Babiker AG, et al. N Engl J Med. 2015 Aug 27;373(9):795-807.
- A Trial of Early Antiretrovirals and Isoniazid Preventive Therapy in Africa.
TEMPRANO ANRS 12136 Study Group, Danel C, Moh R, et al. N Engl J Med. 2015 Aug 27;373(9):808-22.
- Effects of early versus delayed initiation of antiretroviral treatment on clinical outcomes of HIV-1 infection: results from the phase 3 HPTN 052 randomised controlled trial.
Grinsztejn B, Hosseinipour MC, Ribaudo HJ, et al; HPTN 052-ACTG Study Team. Lancet Infect Dis. 2014 Apr;14(4):281-90.
- Enhanced CD4+ T-Cell Recovery with Earlier HIV-1 Antiretroviral Therapy
Le T, Wright EJ, Smith DM, et al. N Engl J Med. 368;3 2013 Jan 17.
- HIV Care Continuum Applied to the US Department of Veterans Affairs: HIV Virologic Outcomes in an Integrated Health Care System
Backus L, Czarnogorski M, Yip G, et al. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015 Aug 1;69(4):474-80.
- The continuum of HIV care in a Veterans' Affairs clinic.
Mangal JP, Rimland D, Marconi VC. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2014 May;30(5):409-15.
- The spectrum of engagement in HIV care and its relevance to test-and-treat strategies for prevention of HIV infection.
Gardner EM, McLees MP, Steiner JF, et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2011 Mar 15;52(6):793-800.
- National quality forum performance measures for HIV/AIDS care: The Department of Veterans Affairs' experience.
Backus LI, Boothroyd DB, et al. Arch Intern Med. 2010;170(14):1239-1246.
- Impact of Cigarette Smoking on Mortality in HIV-Positive and HIV-Negative Veterans.
Crothers K, Goulet J, Rodriguez-Barradas M, et al. AIDS Educ Prev. 2009 June; 21(3 Suppl): 40-53.
- HIV infection, cardiovascular disease risk factor profile, and risk for acute myocardial infarction.
Paisible AL, Chang CC, So-Armah KA, et al. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015 Feb 1;68(2):209-16.
- Comparison of risk and age at diagnosis of myocardial infarction, end-stage renal disease, and non-AIDS-defining cancer in HIV-infected versus uninfected adults.
Althoff KN, McGinnis KA, Wyatt CM, et al; Veterans Aging Cohort Study (VACS). Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Feb 15;60(4):627-38.
- End-stage renal disease among HIV-infected adults in North America.
Abraham AG, Althoff KN, Jing Y, et al; North American AIDS Cohort Collaboration on Research and Design (NA-ACCORD) of the International Epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA). Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Feb 15;60(4):627-38.
- A chronic kidney disease risk score to determine tenofovir safety in a prospective cohort of HIV-positive male veterans.
Scherzer R, Gandhi M, Estrella MM, et al.
- Bone disease in HIV infection: a practical review and recommendations for HIV care providers.
SMcComsey GA, Tebas P, Shane E, et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2010 Oct 15;51(8):937-46.
- Ledipasvir and Sofosbuvir for HCV in Patients Coinfected with HIV-1.
Naggie S, Cooper C, Saag M, et al; ION-4 Investigators. N Engl J Med. 2015 Aug 20;373(8):705-13.
- Daclatasvir plus Sofosbuvir for HCV in Patients Coinfected with HIV-1.
Wyles DL, Ruane PJ, Sulkowski MS, et al; ALLY-2 Investigators. N Engl J Med. 2015 Aug 20;373(8):714-25.
- Virologic response following combined ledipasvir and sofosbuvir administration in patients with HCV genotype 1 and HIV co-infection.
Osinusi A, Townsend K, Kohli A, et al. JAMA. 2015 Feb 23. doi: 10.1001/jama.2015.1373. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ombitasvir, paritaprevir co-dosed with ritonavir, dasabuvir, and ribavirin for hepatitis C in patients co-infected with HIV-1: a randomized trial.
Sulkowski MS, Eron JJ, Wyles D, et al. JAMA. 2015 Feb 23. doi: 10.1001/jama.2015.1328. [Epub ahead of print]