for Health Care Providers
- ACTG Brief Peripheral Neuropathy Screening Tool
NIAID Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group.
- Alcohol Misuse: Screening and Intervention Algorithms
Adapted from the NIAAA Pocket Guide.
- Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test (AUDIT-C)
A validated 3-question screening tool for alcohol misuse and alcohol use disorders. It is the required screening tool for alcohol misuse in the VHA.
- Algorithm for the Metabolic Management of Type 2 Diabetes
From Primary Care of Veterans with HIV.
- AUA Symptom Index for BHP and the Disease-Specific Quality-of-Life Question
From the American Urological Association.
- Calculator for Risk of Chronic Kidney Disease
Calculator for risk of chronic kidney disease with and without use of tenofovir.
- Definition and Treatment of High Blood Pressure
Adapted from VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline Working Group, 2004.
- Fracture Risk Assessment
FRAX, WHO tool for estimating 10 year probability of fracture with bone mineral density in postmenopausal women and men age 50 years and older.
- Immunization Schedule for HIV-Infected Adults
Adapted from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Adult Immunization Schedule.
- Infectious Disease Screen for Substance Abuse Setting
15-item questionnaire from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, DHHS.
- International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF-5) Questionnaire
5-item version of the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF-5) as a diagnostic tool for erectile dysfunction.
- Karnofsky Performance Scale
Assessment tool used to help measure a patient's ability to carry out activities of daily living.
- Patient Health Questionnaire-2 (PHQ-2) and Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9)
The VA recommends using these two instruments to screen for depression in the primary care setting.
- Prevention for HIV+ Patients (Brochure)
Provider information on ways to help HIV+ patients who are resistant to practicing risk reduction behaviors.
- Taking Patients' Sexual and Substance Use Histories
These questions are designed to help assess patients' risk for HIV and their general health status.