for Health Care Providers
- ACTG Brief Peripheral Neuropathy Screening Tool
NIAID Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group.
- Alcohol Misuse: Screening and Intervention Algorithms
Adapted from the NIAAA Pocket Guide.
- Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test (AUDIT-C)
A validated 3-question screening tool for alcohol misuse and alcohol use disorders. It is the required screening tool for alcohol misuse in the VHA.
- Algorithm for the Metabolic Management of Type 2 Diabetes
From Primary Care of Veterans with HIV.
- AUA Symptom Index for BHP and the Disease-Specific Quality-of-Life Question
From the American Urological Association.
- Definition and Treatment of High Blood Pressure
Adapted from VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline Working Group, 2004.
- Immunization Schedule for HIV-Infected Adults
Adapted from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Adult Immunization Schedule.
- Infectious Disease Screen for Substance Abuse Setting
15-item questionnaire from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, DHHS.
- International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF-5) Questionnaire
5-item version of the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF-5) as a diagnostic tool for erectile dysfunction.
- Karnofsky Performance Scale
Assessment tool used to help measure a patient's ability to carry out activities of daily living.
- LDL Cholesterol Goals and Thresholds for Treatment
Adapted from National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP), National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health. Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III).
- Patient Health Questionnaire-2 (PHQ-2) and Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9)
The VA recommends using these two instruments to screen for depression in the primary care setting.
- Prevention for HIV+ Patients (Brochure)
Provider information on ways to help HIV+ patients who are resistant to practicing risk reduction behaviors.
- Taking Patients' Sexual and Substance Use Histories
These questions are designed to help assess patients' risk for HIV and their general health status.