Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Policies and Reports
- Preexposure Prophylaxis for the Prevention of HIV Infection in the United States-2014: A Clinical Practice Guideline
U.S. Public Health Service, May 2014
- Preexposure Prophylaxis for the Prevention of HIV Infection in the United States-2014: Clinical Providers' Supplement
U.S. Public Health Service, May 14, 2014 (This supplement to the USPHS PrEP Clinical Practice Guidelines contains information that may be useful to clinicians providing PrEP. Contents include patient and provider information sheets, supplemental counseling information, and methods for developing the PrEP clinical practice.)
- Antiretroviral Postexposure Prophylaxis After Sexual, Injection-Drug Use, or Other Nonoccupational Exposure to HIV in the United States
DHHS, January 21, 2005
- PEP Guidelines and Select Protocols
List maintained by the National HIV/AIDS Clinicians' Consulting Center, with funds from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Incorporating HIV Prevention into the Medical Care of Persons Living with HIV
CDC, HRSA, NIH, IDSA, July 18, 2003
- Prevention of HIV-1 infection with early antiretroviral therapy.
Cohen MS, Chen YQ, McCauley M, et al; HPTN 052 Study Team. N Engl J Med. 2011 Aug 11;365(6):493-505.
- Dose response for starting and stopping HIV preexposure prophylaxis for men who have sex with men.
Seifert SM, Glidden DV, Meditz AL, et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Mar 1;60(5):804-10. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Mar 1;60(5):804-10.
- HIV-1 drug resistance in the iPrEx preexposure prophylaxis trial.
Liegler T, Abdel-Mohsen M, Bentley LG, et al; iPrEx Study Team. J Infect Dis. 2014 Oct 15;210(8):1217-27.
- Drug resistance and plasma viral RNA level after ineffective use of oral pre-exposure prophylaxis in women.
Grant RM, Liegler T, Defechereux P, et al. AIDS. 2014 Dec 9. [Epub ahead of print]