for Veterans and the Public
Are you at risk?
If you can answer "yes" to any of the following questions, you are at above-average risk of HIV.
- Have you ever had sex (including oral, vaginal, or anal sex) without a condom or other latex barrier?
- Have you ever had sex (including oral, vaginal, or anal sex) with someone who was HIV positive?
- Have you ever had sex with someone who used injection drugs?
- Have you ever had sex with a man who has sex with other men?
- Have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease (STD) such as herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, or hepatitis?
- Have you ever been sexually assaulted (raped, or forced or talked into having sex when you didn't want to)?
- Have you ever passed out or forgotten what happened after you were drinking or getting high?
- Have you ever shared needles or other equipment to inject drugs or pierce the skin, such as tattoo needles?