for Veterans and the Public
Are you at risk?
If you answer "yes" to any of the following questions, you are at risk for HIV and should talk to your provider about testing.
- Have you ever had sex (including oral, vaginal, or anal sex) without a condom or other latex barrier?
- Have you ever had sex (including oral, vaginal, or anal sex) with someone who is living with HIV?
- Have you ever had sex with someone who used injection drugs?
- Have you ever had sex with a man who has sex with other men?
- Have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease (STD) such as herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, or hepatitis?
- Have you ever been sexually assaulted (raped, or forced or talked into having sex when you didn't want to)?
- Have you ever passed out or forgotten what happened after you were drinking or getting high?
- Have you ever shared needles or other equipment to inject drugs or pierce the skin, such as tattoo needles?