VA HIV Care
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is the largest single provider of medical care to people with HIV in the United States. VA's efforts in this area are led by the HIV, Hepatitis, and Related Conditions Programs.
The HIV efforts, carried out by VA medical facilities across the country, take a comprehensive approach that includes:
- Screening for risk of HIV infection
- Testing for those at risk
- Education for patients and their families
- Giving providers access to the best available information about HIV
- Excellence in clinical care
- Support for research to improve clinical care
- Ongoing quality improvement
Programs and Contacts
Veterans Affairs HIV Program Fact Sheet
HIV, Hepatitis, and Related Conditions Programs, March 2020
Annual Report 2019
The HIV, Hepatitis, and Related Conditions Programs report on advances in caring for Veterans living with HIV or viral hepatitis. Note: some of the links in the report are internal only.
VA Internal Resources
Data reports, policies, meeting notices, and educational resources for VA staff. Login required.
HIV, Hepatitis, and Related Conditions Programs
- David Ross, MD, PhD, MBI, Director
- Maggie Chartier, PsyD, MPH, Deputy Director
- Lorenzo L. McFarland, DHA, MPH, MSW, PMP, Senior Public Health Program Manager
- Marissa Maier, MD, National Public Health Infectious Disease Officer
- Shawn Green, Program Coordinator
- Elizabeth Maguire, MSW, Communications Lead
Significant contributions from our experts:
- Pam Belperio
- Emily Comstock
- Kathy DeSilva
- Elizabeth Maguire
- Lorenzo McFarland
- Abeer Moanna
We make every effort to meet accessibility standards on our websites. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility. This is a large site with legacy content and some files might have slipped our notice. Please contact us if you have trouble accessing any of our content so that we can attend to any problems as soon as possible.
Contact This Site
For questions or feedback related to VA's HIV programs, please contact: email@example.com. Note: Emails sent to this address are not secure. Please do not include personal data. To send a secure email, use VA's Ask a Question - IRIS.