for Veterans and the Public
Dolutegravir (Tivicay) + rilpivirine (Edurant) (Juluca)
- Type of Drug: Fixed-Dose Combination
- Fixed-dose combinations combine the most commonly prescribed doses of 2 or more medications into a single pill.
Dolutegravir + rilpivirine (Juluca) is a combination of dolutegravir, an integrase inhibitor, and rilpivirine, a nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor. Integrase inhibitors work by blocking an enzyme (HIV integrase) that the virus needs in order to make more virus. Nonucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors prevent HIV from using a different enzyme (reverse transcriptase) to make copies of itself.
Bring a printout of this page to discuss with your doctor during your next visit. List your questions at the bottom of the page.
Approved adult dosing
Dolutegravir (Tivicay) 50 mg + rilpivirine (Edurant) 25 mg in a single tablet
One Juluca once daily with a meal
dolutegravir + rilpivirine (Juluca)
Notes on taking this medication
- Take with a meal (do not take without food)
- Dolutegravir + rilpivirine (Juluca) interacts with antacids, laxatives, mineral supplements, and compounds that contain calcium, magnesium, aluminum, or iron, including medicines available over the counter; check with your medical provider before using these.
- Dolutegravir + rilpivirine (Juluca) should not be taken by adults or adolescents who may become pregnant or during the early weeks of pregnancy; tell your medical provider if you become pregnant while taking this drug
Same possible side effects as
- Usually well tolerated; may cause nausea; sleep disturbance; mood changes; headache; muscle aches; rash
- Usually well tolerated; may cause:
- Rash (usually is mild to moderate. If severe rash develops, contact your medical provider)
- Depression, mood changes
See accompanying chart: Tips for Common Side Effects
Disclaimer: This information is not meant to substitute for advice from your medical provider or pharmacist. If you have any questions about your medication dosing, talk to your medical provider or pharmacist.