for Veterans and the Public
Atazanavir (Reyataz) + cobicistat (Evotaz)
- Type of Drug: Fixed-Dose Combination
- Fixed-dose combinations combine the most commonly prescribed doses of 2 or more medications into a single pill.
Bring a printout of this page to discuss with your doctor during your next visit. List your questions at the bottom of the page.
Approved adult dosing
Atazanavir (Reyataz) 300 mg + cobicistat 150 mg in a single tablet
one tablet Evotaz once a day
atazanavir + cobicistat (Evotaz)
Notes on taking this medication
- Should take with food
- Atazanavir + cobicistat (Evotaz) interacts with many other drugs; persons using Evotaz with those drugs may need an adjustment to their dose of Evotaz or the other drugs; consult your medical provider
- Medicines for indigestion, heartburn, and ulcers (including medicines available over the counter) may block the body's absorption of Evotaz; check with your medical provider before using these medicines
Same possible side effects as
- Jaundice (yellow eyes and/or yellow skin); this is rarely serious, but let your medical provider know if this develops
- Abdominal pain; liver inflammation and increased liver enzyme levels
- Uncommon: elevations in cholesterol and triglycerides, kidney stones, gallstones
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Headache, fatigue
- Elevation in blood creatinine levels (this is used to assess kidney function; your provider will monitor creatinine)
See accompanying chart: Tips for Common Side Effects
Disclaimer: This information is not meant to substitute for advice from your medical provider or pharmacist. If you have any questions about your medication dosing, talk to your medical provider or pharmacist.