Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
Homepage for the nation's first-ever federal action plan to address the dramatic rise of sexually transmitted infections in the United States
- Guttmacher Institute
Nonprofit organization focused on sexual and reproductive health research, policy analysis, and public education.
- American Sexual Health Association
(ASHA) Authority on STD education and patient advocacy, ASHA's mission is to stop sexually transmitted diseases and their harmful consequences to individuals, families, and communities. Site features facts about STDs, and information on ASHA and CDC hotlines.
- National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Division of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, site features STD treatment guidelines and other information and resources.
- National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers (PTCs)
CDC-funded network dedicated to increasing the knowledge and skills of health professionals in the areas of sexual and reproductive health. The National Network provides health professionals with a spectrum of state-of-the-art educational opportunities, including experiential learning with an emphasis on prevention.
- Planned Parenthood
Information on STDs and safer sex from the Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
- What Do the Symptoms of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Look Like?
Collection of pictures of sexually transmitted diseases, from The Body.