for Veterans and the Public
Prezcobix (Prezista + Tybost)
- Type of Drug: Fixed-Dose Combination
- Fixed-dose combinations combine the most commonly prescribed doses of 2 or more medications into a single pill.
Bring a printout of this page to discuss with your doctor during your next visit. List your questions at the bottom of the page.
Approved adult dosing
Prezista 800 mg + Tybost 150 mg in a single tablet
one tablet Prezcobix once a day
Notes on taking this medication
- Should take with food
- Prezcobix interacts with many other drugs; persons using Prezcobix with those drugs may need an adjustment to their dose of Prezcobix or the other drugs; consult your medical provider
Same side effects as
- Nausea; diarrhea; stomach discomfort
- Liver inflammation and increased liver enzyme levels
- Elevations in cholesterol and triglycerides
- Elevated blood sugar
- Persons who are allergic to sulfa drugs may be allergic to Prezista
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Headache, fatigue
- Elevation in blood creatinine levels (this is used to assess kidney function; your provider will monitor creatinine)
See accompanying chart: Tips for Common Side Effects
Disclaimer: This information is not meant to substitute for advice from your medical provider or pharmacist. If you have any questions about your medication dosing, talk to your medical provider or pharmacist.