for Veterans and the Public
Complera (Edurant + Viread + Emtriva)
- Type of Drug: Fixed-Dose Combination
- Fixed-dose combinations include several medications in 1 pill.
Bring a printout of this page to discuss with your doctor during your next visit. List your questions at the bottom of the page.
Approved adult dosing
Edurant 25 mg + Viread 300 mg + Emtriva 200 mg in a single tablet
one tablet Complera
Notes on taking this medication
- Take with a full meal (do not take without food)
- Edurant interacts with medicines for indigestion, heartburn, and ulcers, including medicines available over the counter; check with your medical provider before using these medicines
- Edurant can interact with other drugs; consult your medical provider
- Persons with kidney problems may need an adjustment to their doses of the component drugs, and may have to take them separately, not as a single pill
Same side effects as
- Depression, mood changes
- Gassiness; abdominal discomfort; nausea; diarrhea
- Kidney impairment
- Viread is active against hepatitis B, and stopping it can cause "flare-up" of hepatitis B
- Skin discoloration (particularly in dark-skinned people)
- Emtriva is active against hepatitis B, and stopping it can cause "flare-up" of hepatitis B
See accompanying chart: Tips for Common Side Effects
Disclaimer: This information is not meant to substitute for advice from your medical provider or pharmacist. If you have any questions about your medication dosing, talk to your medical provider or pharmacist.